2022年10月31日 星期一

Choice



We are often confronted with a choice between two or more options. Write an essay of about 250 words on a situation you have been in. The first paragraph should set out the situation and the second paragraph should explain your choice with reasons.


Recently, I have had to decide between going to a local college and studying abroad as I am about to go into high school. It has always been my dream to study medicine at National Taiwan University, which ranks first in Taiwan and is among the top 100 universities around the world. It is particularly well-known for its medicine school, the graduates of which all become doctors and underpin the first-class health care sector. On the other hand, my parents have been supportive of my education, giving me ample opportunity within their abilities. They have floated the idea of sending me abroad for my college studies. If I agree, we need to start making preparations as it can be time-consuming to find a good school and get admitted. I also need to take either TOEFL or IELTS to prove my English proficiency.

 

This is not an easy choice to make, but I have decided to go for National Taiwan University. This makes sense because my career aspiration is to become a doctor in Taiwan and I have full confidence in the curriculum offered by the university which fully prepares students for a career in medicine. I also look forward to attending a residency training program in a local hospital where I can interact with local patients, who I wish to help most in the future. The alternative of overseas education is certainly an attractive proposition, but to be able to go to a good college requires considerable preparations, which can be a distraction from my current studies, not to mention the huge expenses involved in studying abroad. One possibility that I will look out for is an exchange program where I can study for a semester at an overseas college, particularly a prestigious one known for its medical training. In a way this is the best of both worlds.

沒有留言:

張貼留言