2022年11月29日 星期二

The Characters between Men and Women

 

Some people think that women are generally more peaceful than men as their characters are naturally more nurturing than aggressive. In the first paragraph, please state the current situation you have observed from your reality. In the second paragraph, share your opinion about what extent do you agree or disagree this?

 

     I have been studying in a co-educational school for the past years. Nearly two-thirds of my classmates are girls. They care for others and stand ready to help others. On a number of occasions, I was in desperate need of help and all my female classmates lent me a helping hand, be it snacks, study notes, or simply time to listen me out. There are no bounds to their generosity. I still remember vividly how my best friend, Mary, spent an entire Saturday afternoon explaining all the difficult concepts of trigonometry before an examination the following Monday. I was overjoyed when I knew I had passed the examination with flying colors. On the contrary, most of my male classmates are aggressive in nature. They do not necessarily mean bad for me, but there is this desire of theirs to outperform others. This is well shown in their tendency to care for themselves rather than others and to think twice before helping others.

 

     I therefore agree to a large extent that women are generally more peaceful than men as their characters are naturally more nurturing than aggressive. This might be attributed to their DNA and, if not, to their upbringing when parents tend to take more care of daughters than sons. It is common for parents to keep an eye on their daughters whilst letting sons go free outside. Over time, girls have picked up this nurturing trait from their parents and shown it well in their behavior. Another possible reason for women to be generally more peaceful is that they are under less pressure to succeed. Unlike men, they are content with who they are and are less likely to measure their success in terms of career achievements or social status.

沒有留言:

張貼留言