2023年1月4日 星期三

The Joys of Being a Teenager Growing up in Taiwan

 


You have been invited to join a panel discussion with young people from other countries. You are expected to talk about the joys of being a teenager growing up in Taiwan. Please write your speech which should be at least 250 words long. The first paragraph should be an introduction. The second one should explain the joys of being a teenager growing up in Taiwan.


I am really honored to join today’s panel discussion on the joys of being a teenager growing up in various parts of the world. I surely look forward to understanding how teenagers grow up in other countries, but I hope you are equally interested in what I am to tell you about the case in Taiwan.

The first joy that comes to my mind is definitely the fact that Taiwan is not a big country and it takes less than a day to go from north to south or vice versa, or from east to west or vice versa. For this reason, teenagers have ample opportunity to see different parts of the beautiful country or, to be specific, the beautiful island. I vividly and fondly remember many trips organized by either my school or my parents. The second joy is the delicious food. It comes in a variety of forms, but I am most attracted by night-market food. My favorites are stinky tofu, oyster omelet, and Taiwanese sausages with sticky rice. The third joy is the thriving publishing industry which publishes tons of books every year, meeting the needs of the public, not least those of teenagers. Indeed my reading habit began when I was 12 – I went to an Eslite store in Taipei and was astounded by the wide range of fantastic choices on offer. To conclude, it has been a joyful journey for teenagers to grow up in Taiwan. I am, of course, happy to answer any questions you might have.


沒有留言:

張貼留言