2020年2月29日 星期六

Friends

   
       Nobody goes through life without making friends, which is beneficial. For one thing, friends make our life colorful: chatting, sharing fun stories, or simply being a good listener. We also cooperate with them in winning a game or completing a project. Without them, our life would have been monotonous or boring.

 Moreover, friends will cheer us up when we are upset or even depressed. Their words of consolation are always what is needed for us to recover and regain the power in us.

        Given the importance of friendship, we should be careful in choosing our friends. Generally speaking, we tend to make friends with someone whose personality is similar to ours. His/her character is also an important consideration. Many of our actions are influenced by our friends. They can make us grow and make progress; they can also make us go astray. We should stay away from someone with a bad character. We should treasure friendship with a good friend and invest in building a closer and rewarding relationship with him/her, which will no doubt enrich our life with fond memories and unforgettable experiences.

        My friends fall into three categories. Those in the first category always tell me the truth and make me confront reality. The process can be unpleasant as some truths can be cruel. That said, I become more aware of my weaknesses so that I can work on them. Friends in the second category are tolerant of my faults. No one is perfect, and I always appreciate my friends’ acceptance of who I am. Friends in the third category are knowledgeable as I love learning and I learn so much from them.

       To conclude, I cannot live without my friends, who play different roles in my life, be it telling me the truth, accepting who I am, and being a good source of knowledge.

沒有留言:

張貼留言