2020年2月24日 星期一

My Favorite Hobby

  
     My favorite hobby is solving the Rubik’s Cube. When I was in junior high, my classmates started to play with them, and as a result, we competed against each other every day. As our desire to become the fastest Rubik’s Cube solver grew stronger, we became more and more competitive. However, it became increasingly difficult to beat the newest record. Therefore, most of my classmates gave up on this challenge, but I continued playing it after graduating from junior high since I really enjoyed the game, particularly the feeling of stress and the sense of accomplishment. At that time, it took me around 25 seconds on average to solve the cube, and I was proud of myself, but I knew my time was not good enough for an official competition.

      As I wanted to join one, I started to practice solving the cube more frequently: day or night, and even during classes and breaks. Unfortunately, my efforts were to no avail because I cut short my time by 5 seconds only. Worse still, my grades and health were both adversely affected.

      I recognized these problems and knew it was time to give up my dream of becoming a professional player. It was a hard decision to make; after all, it was my favorite hobby. However, I had no choice but to take care of my grades and health.

      Consequently, my life went back to normal, and I decided not to invest so much time in solving the Rubik’s Cube. However, when I have spare time, I will solve the Rubik’s Cube, but only as a form of entertainment. Even though I can’t solve it as fast as I used to, I am always content when I look at a completed Rubik’s Cube!

沒有留言:

張貼留言