2020年3月28日 星期六

The Novel Coronavirus




   
        As the epidemic is getting worse, we are all worried about the future. What we can do now is to obey the government's directives, avoid going to public places, wash hands with soap, and pay much attention to personal hygiene.

        Last year, I bought a flight ticket for a trip to Osaka, Japan in February this year. In January, it was widely reported that the epidemic had spread to various countries. At that time, I was still hesitant to cancel the trip. In a few days’ time, the epidemic gradually turned into a pandemic. This prompted me to cancel the ticket, even though it was a non-refundable/irrevocable ticket! Although I was a little regretful about the lack of a refund, I now think that this has been a right decision. Taiwan is my home. I have a responsibility to protect myself and others. I don't want to increase the burden on medical staff. I firmly believe that it is a waste of social resources if the number of infected cases rises because the rules such as social distancing are not followed.

沒有留言:

張貼留言